Windmills. Tulips. Wooden clogs with pointed tips. Folk costume.... These are the symbols of Netherlands (or Holland) - an Europe country that I yet set foot on, though I've been to this part of the world for almost 1o times. The beautiful images of the country was the backdrop of the Hongkong drama (僵). Of course, I'm not there to seek exciting encounters withe the vampires, but the beautiful landscape that also comes with the architecture (both old and new).

Movies on Board


From Singapore to Amsterdam

Watched 3 pretty good movies, among them, only heard of "Beauty and the Beast" - that was shown in cinemas in Singapore.

1. Beauty and the Beast 2017
Now, I understand why someone told me they watched his movie with tears eyes.
Indeed, I was overwhelmed with relief and joy when seeing the cast came back to life!
Good showing of the fairy tale ☺️
LINK




2. My Tomorrow, Your Yesterday
A Japanese drama that offers a twist to how we see "flash back" though one could be rather confused over the reversing timeline - but, it's interesting. It again, like the anime I watched last December, a clever and creative use of timeline and space 😉
LINK



3. Confidential Assignment
Korean movie about a collaboration of two cops, one from South Korea and the other from the north. Actually, the plot was quite predictable. It's one of those highest earning movie this year. It's a male domineering show. That leaves me to wonder who the actress won award, as indicated in the Wikipedia page 🤔
LINK




From Amsterdam to Singapore

1. Les Miserable
I watched this before, in one of my previous trips (when it was just released).
Great musical.

Without fail, each time, I would discover something new each time watching it, be it on stage or as a movie. This time, more about what's happening behind the barricade.



2. Garden of Words + Centimeters per Second
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garden_of_Words
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5_Centimeters_per_Second
Attempted to watch this anime the 2nd time. The first time was in the flight to Amsterdam.
However, it's too slow... I gave up after watching the first part, "Garden of Words".
No go.

3. Ilo Ilo

This is another movie that I watched the 2nd time onboard.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.